Thursday, April 2, 2009

Oh Love that will not let me Go I rest my weary soul in thee...

"Jack... are you finished? Don't you want to eat a few more bites? You ate everything but the crust babe. Come on in here and finish up a bit...2 more bites. The crust is the best part for you buddy."  I wish I could report that the outcome of my encouraging words above resulted in a young toddler finishing the remains of his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. But I can not. The crust was swept away again down the garbage disposal. And it was there standing at the sink that I heard the faint whisper of God. "psssst. pssst. You know you do this to me too...the discipline of a walk with me requires hard work, sacrifice, solitude, prayer, fasting, meditation, and an attitude of your upmost for my highest...and although not the funnest part of our walk together-all necessary elements in order for us to grow with one another...you can not have the best of what I have to offer if you are not continually seeking me with your whole heart. You can not cut and paste my gospel. You can not take the bread without drinking the wine. The body and the blood. Stop trying to dispose of the crust which may appear dry and easily disregarded but is the most wholesome of all and contains the nutrients you will need to produce much fruit. Fruit that will last. 
Well. Thank you Holy spirit. Not at all how I expected to find myself in the middle of the day...more humbled than ever and most unworthy of my beloved's attention. Somehow it provoked me though. Compelled me to "stand against the devil's schemes" Ephesians 6:11. What a challenge for me. So I sighed...took a deep breath and began wiping the counter tops off and really scrubbing away at something that was not easily coming off....oh the lesson here was quite another story...for another day. Lessons of the Father's love seem to be everywhere.....